Home Watch is defined as a visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues. Routine visits to a property can help prevent costly repairs, deter break-ins, and minimize the risk of various damage to the home. Home Watch closely resembles traditional property management but without marketing rentals or offering leasing services.
Clients enjoy peace of mind as their online Properti dashboard provides regular reporting, two way communication, home photos, and a portal for any invoicing.
Home Watch visual inspections can be critical to protecting the value of the property and consistency of experience in your home. That’s why Properti clients delegate these details and maximize their time.
See below for a routine inspection list and for more information on the benefits of Home Watch, visit our blog.
Exterior & Grounds
- Pick up papers from the driveway.
- Pick up mail or packages and put them inside.
- Walk around the home; check doors, screens, and windows to make sure they are secure.
- Check roof, chimney, and gutters for any obvious problems.
- Look for signs of vandalism.
- Look for any insect or rodent issues.
- Check that garage is closed and secure.
- Garbage cans brought in from roadside.
- Check patio and furniture.
- Check that faucets and hoses are turned off.
- Check for evidence of unauthorized entry, vandalism, and weather-related problems (fallen branches, displaced patio furniture, etc.).
- Walk through all rooms.
- Check alarm system.
- Check for mold or unusual odors.
- Check that lights are working.
- All doors and windows are secured.
- Inspect faucets, showers, garbage disposals, and flush toilets, checking for any leaks.
- Inspect ceilings and walls to ensure there are no active leaks.
- Check for evidence of rodents or insects.
- Check A/C and/or heater to ensure they are set to 60 degrees in winter and 72 degrees in summer or other as specified by Client.
- Check breaker box for any tripped breakers.
- Listen for smoke detector low battery signal.
- Check furniture for damage.
- Check that refrigerator is on.
Add-On Concierge Services
Clients can round out Home Watch visits with add-on Concierge services that allow Properti to provide customized care. Lifestyle Concierge service categories include but are not limited to: